We offer competitive fostering allowances for our Foster Carers
The rewards that come exclusively with fostering are priceless, but we understand it’s important that Foster Carers are recompensed with financial benefits too.
A competitive allowance is rewarded to you as a Foster Carer for your valued work, and to ensure the upkeep of children placed into your care. We also offer extra payments for festivities, birthdays and holidays!
In most cases, following a protocol meeting, an agreement can be reached for any children in placement with you to transfer with you, and we will maintain the current terms of the placement. This means you will continue to receive the same level of payment, expenses and services to support the child for the duration of the placement.
There are set standards from the government that we follow, regarding the fee paid to our Foster Carers. There are a number of factors involved with the amount of fostering allowance provided, including:
- Location – where you live geographically
- Service – which type of fostering you use
- Age – the age of your foster placement
- Needs – any specific needs of the foster placement
- Skills – your skills and experience
As you’ll know, when you become a Foster Carer, you will need to register as self-employed and file tax returns. As a Foster Carer, you’ll have different tax rules including:
- Tax relief for every week you foster a child
- A tax-free allowance
The fostering allowance covers you for:
- Costs that come with looking after a child;
including household expenses, food, clothing, pocket money etc.
- Recompense to you for your time and care;
to reward you for providing a caring, stable and nurturing home for a child.